Injury Treatment & Evaluation
Beginning in the fall of 2009, FC Milwaukee has partnered with ATI Physical Therapy and The Orthopedic Institute of Wisconsin to assist our club families with injury evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation. Providing quick access to quality care by medical professionals is another way in which FC Milwaukee is differentiating itself from other clubs in southeastern Wisconsin.
While every family is certainly free to consult with and be treated by a physician, athletic trainer or physical therapist of their choice; FC Milwaukee has established these relationships with the trainers, physicians and therapists at ATI Physical Therapy and The Orthopedic Institute of Wisconsin so these specialists may develop relationships and familiarity with FC Milwaukee athletes, and so FC Milwaukee athletes may secure appointments and treatments on a priority basis.
This is a comprehensive care plan for FC Milwaukee Nationals’ athletes from the initial injury evaluation, to injury treatment, to injury rehabilitation -- allowing the athlete to return to the field as safely and quickly as possible.
“Our concept is to provide seamless communication between the five parties (the player/family, the athletic trainer, the physical therapist, the doctor and or surgeon, and the FC Milwaukee coach) during the injury assessment and rehabilitation process. This is the most proactive way to ensure a thorough recovery and a timely return to the playing field,” Dr. Tom Perlewitz.
For those interested in utilizing the services of Orthopedic Institute of WI or ATI, here are the simple steps to follow:
What to do if you have a minor or nagging injury:
Contact Troy Gauger at ATI Physical Therapy at Mobile: 262-455-1180 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Troy will help scheduling appointments and coordinate care with an Orthopedic Institute physician and then set up therapy with an ATI physical therapist within 24-48 hours of injury (in most cases) and often the same day, if needed.
· Protocols have been developed between Dr. Perlewitz and Troy to facilitate referral to the orthopedic subspecialist most appropriate for the athlete’s injury.
What to do if you have a serious injury:
Contact Sara Radtke at ATI Physical Therapy via Mobile: 920.946.6508, or email: email@example.com
· FC family members who wish to obtain an orthopedic evaluation, or obtain a second opinion regarding an ongoing orthopedic issue can call your ATI Athletic Trainer to set up an appointment with Dr. Perlewitz, or one of the Orthopedic Institute of Wisconsin Doctors promptly.
The Orthopedic Institute Of Wisconsin
The Orthopedic Institute of Wisconsin is an independent group of 13 orthopedic physicians. All of the surgeons are Board Certified and fellowship trained. They utilize the latest techniques and procedures to facilitate faster recovery and enhance surgical outcomes.
·The Orthopedic Institute has a long standing professional relationship with ATI Physical therapy. All of the surgeons are Board Certified and fellowship trained. They utilize the latest techniques and procedures to facilitate faster recovery and ehhance surgical outcomes. The Orthopedic Institute has a long standing professional relationship with ATI Physical Therapy. Their proactive approach and proven outcomes made them a natural choice in our selection of therapists and athletic trainers to care for our FC Milwaukee players and families. From initial on field evaluation to in office diagnosis and treatment, The Orthopedic Institute and ATI will strive for seamless continuity of care a rapid return to play.
ATI Physical Therapy
ATI Physical Therapy is now the official Physical Therapy Program of FC Milwaukee. With locations in Mequon, Kenosha, Milwaukee 3rd Ward, New Berlin, Greenfield, West Allis, Sheboygan, Wauwatosa, Whitefish Bay, Milwaukee's East Side, Waukesha and Brookfield there is a convenient location to fit your Sport’s Medicine needs. Sara Radtker of ATI is the official athletic trainer of FC Milwaukee. She will be present at practices once per week for injury assessment and be available for consultation. ATI will provide the following services:
- · Free weekly injury evaluations, athletic trainer will be at practices for approximately an hour. You may call your athletic training staff for injury advice between field visits.
- · Help scheduling appointments with a physician or physical therapist within 24-48 hours of injury (in most cases) and often the same day, if needed.
- · Assist coaches with proper stretching techniques warm up and cool down activities.
- · Your Athletic Trainer will stay in contact with your Physician or Physical Therapist through the course of the athlete’s entire injury care to monitor progress and ensure proper return to play with little or no time lost.
For on field consultations and/or to schedule an appointment,
contact one of the three FC Milwaukee trainers listed below depending on the time of year.
Chris Armstrong (Assistant Athletic Trainer FC Milwaukee)- Cell Phone: 605.391.2172
Darren Rose (Head Athletic Trainer FC Milwaukee)- Cell Phone: 414.350.0061
Summer ATC June 1st-August 10th-
Sara Radtke (Assistant Athletic Trainer FC Milwaukee)-Cell Phone: 920.946.6508
(pictured left to right below):
To contact Troy or ATI Physical Therapy
Troy R. Gauger LAT, CEAS, Licensed Athletic Trainer
Director of Sports Medicine ATI Physical Therapy
Troy’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATI’s Website: www.ATIPT.com